NEENAH-Wednesday afternoon, due to a chemical reaction at Galloway, hazardous materials workers tested for potentially harmful gases, and nearby houses were evacuated for about two hours.
Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue Chief Kevin Kloehn said that the agency initially responded to emergency medical services at noon when it received reports that someone at the plant was ill due to a mixture of multiple chemicals.
Krohn said that once they got there, the firefighters realized that the situation was more serious, and they called Oshkosh and Appleton’s dangerous goods teams out of caution.
Krohn said that two Galloway employees have been taken to the hospital, but they have been released.
Krohn said: “As a preventive measure, we have exceeded the limit, but so far, there is no dangerous gas around.”
Those who were evacuated from their homes were sent to Shattuck Middle School where the Red Cross provided assistance.
Please call Samantha West at 920-996-7207, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @BySamanthaWest.
Post time: Mar-24-2021